Tuesday, June 9, 2009

pre-trip anxieties, excitements and reliefs.

Starting tomorrow the countdown is really on.. 10 days until base camp! Right now everything is a little crazy (as expected, not desired) and my list of things to get/get done before I leave seems to keep getting longer!? What's up with that?

My pre-trip emotions are pretty much anxiety, excitement and relief. Anxiety for a lot of reasons.. I will be around people that I don't know (but am excited about getting to know them:) ), I will most definitely be out of my comfort zone a lot of the time, I don't have a definite schedule (yes, I'm one of those..), and a lot of responsibility will be placed on my shoulders. I keep repeating part of that one verse.. be anxious for nothing.. be anxious for nothing. One of my friends reminded me of another verse that really hit the nail on the head. 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." Yay for His love. :)

I'm definitely excited and ready to step foot onto UK soil. I can't wait to be submerged into a different culture and soak it in. I can't wait to really learn about these people and learn ways to get to their hearts. I can't wait to show these people the difference between living for something and living for nothing. I can't wait to work with people (interns, teams and m's) who have the same goal and mindset as I do. I can't wait to work with Kim and the girls in the cheer club. I just can't wait. I'm excited.

I'm relieved because I've worked hard on this trip for almost a year now.. and here it is, almost 10 days away, creeping up on me! My friends and family have been helping and supporting me the whole way and I'm relieved that all of the hard work from everyone is going to pay off soon enough. I'm relieved that all of the money that I needed to raise ($4000+) has been donated and worked for. G-d is much bigger than any amount of money and even though I was a little iffy the whole time, He proved to me that He would take care of everything. (..you are not allowed to tell me "I told you so")

Sooo that's what's been going through my head/heart lately on top of the stress that comes from working on putting the house on the market (tonight) and trying to get my fall semester schedule nailed down (volleyball, tumbling, cheer, football games, youth, cccc class, and homework somewhere in between.. did I mention it's my senior year!?). So be pr for peace. and tomorrow night will be my last night at ch before I leave so I better get a hug from everyone:)


oh.. and if you're wondering about the weird abbreviations... think safety :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you (and your mama!)!! The Lord has a plan for you my girl...can't wait to see what He has in store for you this summer and how He's going to use you!!

    Blessings,
    Aunt Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo excited for you and praying!

    ReplyDelete